Registration scholarships are available to students and others who might not otherwise be able to attend the conference due to the cost.
Our goal is
- To increase participation to those who might not otherwise be able to attend due to the cost; to attend, present their work, network with other, connect with mentors and learn about career opportunities at the Wildland Fire Safety Summit and Human Dimensions of Wildland Fire Virtual Conference.
See details below.
Conference Diversity Scholarships
Registration scholarships are available for underrepresented minorities to attend our upcoming Virtual Conference. Being a diverse and inclusive organization will enable the International Association of Wildland Fire to learn from others, grow our understanding, and find new ways to address, understand and implement solutions to complex problems.
Our goals are:
- To increase participation of underrepresented minorities and geographic areas in the Wildland Fire Community to attend, present their work, network with other, connect with mentors and learn about career opportunities at the Wildland Fire Safety Summit and Human Dimensions of Wildland Fire Virtual Conference. As a result, we will have more diverse perspectives and backgrounds at the conference.
- To promote the visibility of scientific research and other IAWF related projects conducted by underrepresented minorities.
See details below.
Applications are being accepted through March 15.
We will notify successful candidates by April 15.
Please only apply for one scholarship – there is no benefit to applying for both.
The award is complimentary registration to the conference, no funds will be exchanged. If selected you will receive an email with information about how to access the Virtual Conference during the week of May 24 – 27, in addition all presentations will be available for up to 3 month after the conference.
To apply, click on the button above for the scholarship you wish to apply for and you will be taken to our application via Submittable. You will be asked to answer the following questions (complete the application as fully as possible, this will help us ensure we meet our goal of reaching a diverse audience. All answers will be confidential, only the review committee will see your responses):
- Tell us about your current work as it related to wildland fire.
- Why do you want to attend the conference?
- Do you propose to present a paper at this conference?
- How will attending the conference help you with your work?
- How would this scholarship make a difference to you?